Click column header to sort
Experienced and in-training recreational Parkour and Ninja coaches wanted immediately for part-time afternoon and evening class hours and weekend birthday party hours; opportunities available every day of the week! No minimum hours, flexible schedule, competitive pay. Must have previous experience working with children in an athletic setting. Come be a part of the fun and learning in 92Y’s popular Athletics, Gymnastics and Birthday Party Department!
92Y Athletics has two state-of-the-art gymnastics and parkour facilities and runs classes, parties and teams for hundreds of children and adults year-round. We hope you will consider joining our team!
We are looking for individuals with instructional experience in Spanish language to deliver course lessons aimed at enriching the lives of continuing education students. The best candidates will have an interest in language and culture and a desire to help others in their life-long learning journey.
Our courses will be delivered in a highly interactive and engaging classroom environment. Instructors will create their own coursework based on a framework of learning objectives for non-credit adult students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instructional materials to deliver high-quality, engaging, and rewarding Spanish language courses.
- Be part of the feedback loop to help improve course materials and instructional delivery
- These are hourly positions and will require 1.5-9 hours per week based on your availability. Additional hours will be awarded to top performing instructors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Construction of a course syllabus, consistent with the generic course outline
- Preparation of course presentations and instructional materials (as appropriate)
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting courses at scheduled times
- Compliance with institutional procedures
- Availability to teach in the daytime, evening and/or on the weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years of experience with adult learners is required, including the area of curriculum development.
- Ability to work with adult students who wish to learn a foreign language
- Willingness to support the goals of the Continuing Education department and create effective learning environments for diverse populations of adult students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy including the ability to use online tools to supplement teaching and facilitate email communication
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning of the discipline area.
- We will consider both native and non-native instructors; native fluency is not essential.
Course Start Date Tue, Oct 29, 2019, 10:30 am - 12 pm
$75 per hour
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
The 92nd Street Y is seeking lead teachers for our new alternative Jewish afterschool experience. Our children learn about Jewish values, holidays, history, and Bible through art, storytelling, music, drama, text study and group conversations. If you love teaching and working with kids we would like to hear from you! All candidates must have educational experience, be knowledgeable about Judaism, and be able to create and write original lesson plans. Camp experience is a plus.
Work schedule: Monday’s from 3:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Manage a class of 8 – 15 students
- Use movement, art, music, and other creative teaching practices while adhering to the ATiD curriculum.
- Complete lesson plans well in advance.
- Provide lesson summaries after each class for communication with parents.
- Incorporate the Assistant Teacher in all lesson plans
- Attend orientation and two additional professional development sessions
92Y Flying Dolphins Swim Team (YFD), located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, is seeking an assistant coach for 9-14 training groups. Our program has experienced significant growth and we are looking for a highly motivated, experience, well-organized, and enthusiastic individual coach to assist in developing our young athletes into top competitors. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well with athletes, parents, and the other coaches. The individual’s experience should illustrate exceptional management communication and motivational skills, team building and community involvement. The candidate should be able to provide relevant examples of teaching quality technique as well as have a track record of producing well-rounded swimmers.
Team practices are held Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 6:00 & 8:00pm, Saturday 1:00-5:00pm and Sunday 6:00-8:30am. Swim meets are approximately once a month. Candidates must attain USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to starting duties on deck.
92Y’s HR Business Partner (HRBP) will work closely with departments across 92Y to provide pragmatic and nuanced guidance and leadership in all matters relating to employees. The HRBP will assist managers to grow and develop their teams through strategic talent acquisition, provide sound employee relations and engagement advice, review and advise on compensation, and assist in expanding 92Y’s learning and development program. The HRBP will also provide strategic support to the HR and Benefits Specialist, acting as a resource on matters pertaining to 92Y’s benefits.
- Assist managers in the effective management of their teams through the provision of expert and legally sound advice, supported by ongoing coaching and guidance.
- Act as a source of advice regarding employee engagement including providing strategies to improve employee motivation, development, leadership and performance management.
- Work with managers to assess, create and implement innovative solutions to address learning and development requirements.
- Provide labor relations guidance to managers, advising on contract interpretation, performance management and progressive disciplinary action.
- Responsible for the continued development of a performance focused culture including providing support during annual performance and compensation review cycles.
- In collaboration with the Recruitment and Development Specialist, identify and attract the best available talent in a cost effective and time efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring a positive candidate experience, during all stages of the acquisition process, from initial contact to on-boarding, in order to substantiate and increase 92Y’s reputation as being an aspirational employer of choice.
- Support HR and Benefits Specialist in addressing complex benefits questions, planning for annual benefits cycle, and developing strategies to address benefit related issues.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
Bachelors Degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management preferred.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 4 years HR experience at a generalist level with the drive and willingness to engage in all HR disciplines (talent acquisition, employee engagement, learning and development, benefits administration).
- Previous successful experience of providing HR advice and guidance within a unionized environment preferred.
- Strong communications skills with the diplomacy to challenge and influence managers.
- Proven ability to provide sound and practical guidance as well as the ability to take ownership of and deliver solutions for a varied range of HR challenges.
- Openness to learn and develop own skills in order to successfully establish collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly establish creditability through the demonstration of a sound knowledge of federal, state and city employment and benefits laws.
- Proficient in HR systems, accompanied with strong Microsoft Office skills.
The Development Associate of the 92nd Street Y Nursery School will play an important role in the planning, coordination, and implementation of a wide array of fundraising and cultivation events and initiatives under the umbrella of the 92nd Street Y Nursery School Development Department. This position supports the Director of Development and Associate Director of Development for the 92nd Street Y Nursery School in the critical role of fundraising and fostering community cohesiveness within the school.
- Responsible for assisting with the organization, management and execution of all fundraising and cultivation events at the Nursery School including, the Annual Nursery School Benefit and its affiliated events, Nursery School Men’s Event, Nursery School Book Fair, and New Parents Reception.
- Assists in the logistics, coordination and support of a wide array of fundraising and cultivation events/initiatives and meetings. Responsibilities will include preparing mailings and reports, tracking attendance (RSVPs) and post event follow up.
- Secures and/or prepares all necessary materials for events and meetings.
- Attends committee meetings when appropriate and prepares follow up memo for committee members and the Director of Nursery School Development.
- Works with families in the school, alumni, outside vendors, and Benefit/ Event committee members as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Development, Nursery School, establish and grow the Nursery School Alumni network.
- Responsible for the timely processing and accurate acknowledgement of all event and school donations.
- Responsible for processing and tracking all vendor invoices charged to the Nursery School Development Department.
- Must update and maintain all donor records and notes in Tessitura donor data base on a regular basis and run reports from the Tessitura system as needed.
- Organizes and manages guest lists and mailings of letters and invitations.
- Acts as a liaison to the 92Y Development team and collaborates with other members of the 92Y Development team on 92Y and Nursery School Development events/initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Two to three years of working in the non-profit sector with experience in fundraising and event planning preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail are essential.
- Must work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some experience with Tessitura or similar fundraising database is preferred.
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to learn technology and related skills in a timely manner.
- Must be proactive and a team player.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are required to interact with the families in the school on a regular basis.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple duties simultaneously.
40 hours week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, with a one-hour meal break. Some flexibility in scheduling is required to accommodate setting up and attending events.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for all programmatic assistance for the Bronfman Center’s events including ATiD our Jewish afterschool, Shababa, Shababa cohort groups, Shabbat dinners, holiday celebrations, life cycle events, Israeli community programs, and other Jewish family community initiatives. Shababa is a community for families that celebrates Jewish life with joyful musical experiences for all generations.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, coordinate logistics for Atid, Shababa and other Bronfman Center programs by ordering supplies, submitting room requests and setups, prepping activities and welcoming attendees.
- Attend and participate in holiday festivals and events during the year including High Holidays, Shabbat dinners, Concerts, 92Y Street Festival, Chanukah, Purim and Passover.
- Enter and update dates and locations in Outlook for all Shababa, ATiD classes and other events.
- Manage the registration and payment process of enrollments for Shababa.
- Maintain filing systems, organize records and documents, and track project activity.
- Organize and categorize stock and supplies for ATiD, Shababa, and other events.
- In collaboration with the Director of Jewish Family Engagement, plan, schedule and coordinate mitzvah trips for the Shababa troupes, as well as food drives and other “giving back” efforts for the community
- In collaboration with Program Manager, create contracts for special guests and musicians and submit vendor invoices for payments.
- Assist with email communications and correspondence to families and patrons.
- Take photos and videos of events for social media and organize content on server.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to connect and positively interact with a variety of constituents (adults, families, children) and willingness to be playful and engaged in a group setting.
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and culture a plus.
- Experience working in a Jewish educational, early childhood or camp environment preferred.
- Proven capability of managing detailed projects from conception through to delivery and evaluation.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational and writing skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, database systems and a knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, typically Monday to Thursday 9am-6pm, Fridays 8:30am-5:30pm (with a one-hour unpaid break), with flexibility to work some evenings, holidays and weekends as required by program schedule.
Experienced Pickleball and Tennis coaches wanted for Fall 2019; opportunities for Pickleball classes, private coaching.
Must have prior Pickleball and/or Tennis experience (USA Tennis Certified or USA Pickleball IPTPA not required but recommended). No minimum hours, flexible schedule, competitive pay.
Come be a part of the fun and learning in 92Y’s Sports Department!
Team members within the Customer Care department are responsible for continually delivering the highest level of customer service during all interactions with patrons, customers and 92Y colleagues. Team members will demonstrate their commitment to delivering a positive customer service experience by displaying flexibility in approach, including towards the days and hours worked, ability to listen to and respond positively to concerns, and resolve problems creatively.
- Demonstrate impeccable Customer Care when working with patrons and customers.
- Handle customer complaints and special requests, with concern and positivity, using creativity and best judgment to ensure sound resolution and where possible delivering customer satisfaction
- Be a resource to patrons and program staff by maintaining a working knowledge of all current and past 92Y programs, policies and procedures in order to ensure the highest level of Customer Care, as defined by 92Y, at all times.
- Collaborate with all internal constituents to help ensure consistent, effective Customer Care institution-wide.
- Process orders via all channels for all programs, ensuring that all orders are processed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create and update program information in 92Y’s various databases.
- Ensure timely delivery of all confirmation, calendars and customer enquiries and correspondence.
- Ensure that all public spaces display up-to-date marketing and development materials.
- Provide coverage to mailroom / production when required.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as directed.
High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a minimum of 1 year Customer Care / Box Office experience in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, preferably within the entertainment or tourism industry.
- Have a proven record of strong, effective and diplomatic communication and interpersonal skills required to positively interact with both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) with previous Tessitura experience strongly preferred.
- Effectively communicate via phone, email and in-person with internal and external constituents.
- Flexible in approach, including towards the days and hours worked, to ensure proper coverage across 92Y’s programming portfolio including supporting special events.
- Have the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Multi-task within concurrent deadlines
36.25 hours (guaranteed) per week with Thursday, Friday as well as Saturday mornings off.
Art Handler, 92Y Exhibitions will be joining a rotating team of installers responsible for executing one-day installations on an as needed basis. Working in collaboration with the Art Center Director, Operations Manager, Visiting Artists and other installers, the art handler will execute the layout, installation and packing of exhibitions in the 92Y Weill Art Gallery. The Art Handler will ensure that best practices are followed to ensure the safety of the artwork throughout the installation, exhibition and deinstallation process while maintaining a professional work environment.
- Packing and installation of 92Y Exhibitions
- Proper handling of all types of fine artworks; traditional to contemporary
- Detail oriented, professional demeanor with a focus on customer service
- Placement for exhibition handling and installation
- Adaptable and committed to working with a wide range of artwork and artists
- Able to safely lift and maneuver objects of substantial size and weight, without damage to object or person
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Art Handling experience in a New York gallery or museum environment
- Specialized handling with problem solving skill capacity
- Knowledge of safe handling and packing a wide range of two- and three-dimension art works
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced recreational gymnastics coaches wanted immediately for part-time morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours; opportunities available every day of the week! Weekend availability is a must. Only experienced gymnastics coaches should apply for this position. No minimum hours, flexible schedule, competitive pay. Must have previous experience working with children in an athletic setting. Come be a part of the fun and learning in 92Y’s popular Athletics, Gymnastics and Birthday Party Department!
- 92Y Athletics has two state-of-the-art gymnastics and parkour facilities and runs classes, parties and teams for hundreds of children and adults year-round. We hope you will consider joining our team!
The Director, Capital Campaign will have responsibility to raise the funds needed to close out 92Y’s public fronted multi-million capital campaign that will support the redevelopment of 92Y’s building and grow the 92Y endowment. Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director and working closely with the directors of Development, executive and senior leadership teams, and 92Y’s Board of Directors, the Director will be accountable, through the successful coordination of a team of fundraising professionals and management of a portfolio of donors, for the achievement of the capital campaign’s established revenue goals. Following the closure of the capital campaign, the Director will work with the Development leadership team to strategize for the next phase of organizational fundraising including building and executing 92Y’s 150th Anniversary fundraising plan.
- In collaboration with 92Y’s Development leadership team, oversee the closure of a multifaceted capital campaign through the identification of capital campaign prospects, development of cultivation strategies and acquisition of major gifts to reach established campaign revenue goals.
- Working closely with the Development leadership team, continue to implement the capital campaign strategy, managing all stages of the campaign through to completion.
- Establish the capital campaign’s solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists, prospect research and prospect tracking. Develop and execute cultivation plans and strategies in collaboration with the development team and senior leadership.
- Prepare and provide campaign collateral for solicitations providing guidance and coaching when necessary including being present during solicitations when required.
- Lead on capital campaign fundraising efforts across all development teams (Individual Giving, Institutional Giving and Special Events) to cultivate identified individuals and institutional prospects in order to complete solicitations and/or prepare and submit grant proposals.
- Devise and direct cultivation and recognition events ensuring donor acknowledgement, stewardship and, as appropriate, public recognition.
- Develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies, including meeting requests, meeting follow up and preparation of proposals.
- Manage Capital Campaign budget tracking and reporting, both expenditure and contributed revenue.
- Work collaboratively with 92Y’s Marketing and Communications teams, to drive the development of the campaign's communications and collateral materials, including print, web and social media platforms.
- Liaise with 92Y’s architectural firms during the planning process to understand and effectively communicate the building redevelopment vision to potential donors.
- Direct the process for ensuring all related prospect and donor information is recorded and tracked and prepare presentations for the Executive Leadership and Board of Directors evaluating progress towards goals.
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Major Gifts and Capital Campaign and Development Associate to manage all campaign gift correspondence, including timely acknowledgments, pledge payment reminders, pledge agreements and preparing and submitting reports to donors and those required by granting foundations and institutions.
- Oversee process for gift recognition and proper implementation of naming opportunities.
- Work with the Development leadership team to strategize for the next phase of organization-wide fundraising, including developing and executing 92Y’s 150th Anniversary fundraising plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors Degree, with Masters degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of successful fundraising experience, preferably within a cultural or community focused institution, and with a focus on capital campaigns.
- Proven track record of successfully securing major gift support, with a focus of completing and closing 6 figure asks.
- Experience of leading, directing and closing capital campaigns with the ability to oversee and control campaign budget.
- Established connections within the New York cultural and philanthropic communities.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, with the capability of developing effective and collegial relationships with peers, Executive Leadership and Board Members.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities.
92Y is looking for Lead and Assistant counselors to lead our Summer Clubhouse program. Counselors will be required to lead dance classes for children aged 3 – 5, as well as escort children around the building to art, gymnastics and swim classes. The Summer Clubhouse provides campers with an opportunity to play and learn, while exploring a different theme each week. We are looking for counselors who can provide an engaging, energetic and safe learning environment for young children.
Counselors may be eligible for a bonus upon successful completion of full program schedule.